Wednesday, January 19, 2011

New Year's in Utah

We were so happy that Wes and his family came to Utah after Christmas. We were able to spend about a week with them. And Kate had so much fun with her cousins.



Tessa, Nicole, and Jake. Look at that adorable look on Jake's face! Oh, he is so sweet! And he smelled SOOOOO sweet. I stole apx. 1,000,000 kisses from him! :) Love you all! Miss ya! Thank you so much for everything.




New Year's Night, my parents arranged a really special night. We were able to go on a sleigh ride in Park City. We rode to this little inn for dinner. Cowboys welcomed us, a guy was singing and playing the guitar, they served hot apple cide and coco, and we ate amazing food and had SUCH a fantastic time.




This was my one and only time of tucking my boots into my jeans! haha! I knew I wouldn't see anyone that cared what I looked like, so I gave it a shot.
Don't worry, I haven't done it since :)



Has anyone ever seen: the very dramatic, very depressing movie...Hope Floats?

Doesn't this TOTALLY remind you of that movie?
OR, if you're not into the drama scene and into the extremely cheesy, corny, feel good kind of movie...this also reminds me of the Miley Sirus movie!





Love you, Bud. Glad we were able to go to this together. I had a lot of fun.




WARNING: SCARY FACES

COLE



GREG



WES



DAD





WARNING: BREAKING THE LAW

Driving Under Age: Baby Kate got a car for Christmas! So cute! I put it together and haven't secured the steering wheel yet. The other day, I was pushing her in it, and got a little distracted...All of a sudden, I noticed that she was lying on the carpet with the steering wheel in her hands! Woops! She had opened the door and tried to get out while she was moving.

Luckily, she was okay! :)

6 comments:

Mindy said...

What a fun night! And I think you look fabulous with your jeans tucked in. Is that something totally tacky to do? Because I accidentally tuck mine in all the time. :)

Allie said...

Love the silly faces! I forgot about your dad doing that funny face! And holy cow, Cole is Weston's clone, 100%! SO fun that y'all all got to be together for a fun New Years! And are people not tucking their jeans into boots in Utah? Every single girl in Texas, except for me, has skinny jeans tucked into tall, high heeled boots on everyday! I think you look so cute with yours...I just can't pull it off myself! Seriously Abbs, you look AMAZING. Just GORGEOUS!

I got a FB message from Lauren yesterday talking about her sweet experince in their sealing, and it made me reflect on how surreal it was for me to be in the temple, in a sealing, with your parents. I had to fight the tears everytime I looked at your dad and thought about how that's the man that baptized me, and I remember your mom arranged for me to have about 4different options for baptism clothes to choose from. If they hadn't opened up their home for me to learn about the gospel and meet with the missionaries...I may very well have never been sitting there in Lauren's sealing. It was so full circle to see them in the temple that day. Your family is remarkable, and the impact knowing y'all has had on my life is eternal.

Erin said...

What a fun night. You look so beautiful! Don't. You just love spending so much time with family? Kate is a cute driver.

Lindsay said...

Yeah, I am with Mindy!! I accidentally tuck my jeans in all the time too!! You do look really cute. I think you should carry on with that look.
It looks like you guys had a really good New Years and I totally agree with you about the Hope Floats scene. 100%

the child family said...

Abbey, just got caught up on the blog. Looks like y'all have been having yourselves a great holiday season and an adorable little Kate! I think I'm going to need to eat some "cinnamon leaves" thanks to your mouth watering description!

Brandi said...

Nicole told me about this an how cold it was. It looks so fun though. The sleigh ride alone would have had me in tears of joy!!! What a fun night. Oh and everyone wear's their jeans tucked in boots here too, so don't be shy, just rock it! luv ya!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers